Professional Liability - General Practice Lawyers
General Practice Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance Program
Herbert L. Jamison & Co., L.L.C.
- Ranked as one of the top privately held and independent U.S. Insurance Brokers.
- Over 40 years of experience handling Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance for firms throughout the United States.
- JamisonPro Purchasing Group, Ltd. developed to improve the availability and affordability of Professional Liability Insurance for law firms
Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s of London
- Leading insurance market, offering innovative policies with a unique combination of flexibility and security.
- Major rating agencies recognize Lloyd’s strengths and robust capitalization. A.M. Best gives Lloyd’s a rating of “A” (Excellent), Class XV (policyholders’ surplus in excess of $2 billion), Stable Outlook. Fitch Ratings for Lloyd’s are “A+” (Strong), Stable Outlook. Standard & Poor’s rates Lloyd’s at “A” (Strong), Positive Outlook.
- Lloyd’s invented Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance over 60 years ago and continues as a leading provider of this coverage, with a high degree of expertise in both underwriting and claims handling.
- Policies written on a surplus lines basis pursuant to applicable state insurance regulatory authority. Lloyd’s not subject to state insurance guarantee fund. Please note the strong financial ratings mentioned above. Also of importance here is Lloyd’s reputation over its 300-year history of always paying, in full, all valid claims
Your Lloyd’s replacement policy will be issued on terms similar to your expiring policy, including the following features:
- “Claims Made and Reported” policy form, providing “worldwide” coverage and “prior acts” protection for claims that are first made against you and reported to Underwriters during the policy period or extended reporting period.
- Limits of Liability of up to $5,000,000 each claim/annual aggregate are available to qualified firms. (Jamison regularly accesses other markets for law firms needing higher limits of liability.)
- Coverage written on a surplus lines basis pursuant to the applicable state insurance regulatory authority and offers all features mandated by the state insurance regulatory authority of admitted insurers.
- Broad professional services protection as a lawyer, fiduciary, arbitrator, mediator, notary public or agent to a title insurance company.
- Vicarious liability protection included.
- Claims will not be settled without the firm’s prior written consent.
- Broad “Innocent Insured” protection provided.
- Personal injury protection provided, including libel, slander, defamation, malicious prosecution coverage.
- Full predecessor in business coverage.
- Free automatic extended reporting period endorsement of 30 days in the event of non-renewal by insurer.
- Optional extended reporting period endorsements up to 3 years available.
- U.S. based claims service.
General Practice Law Firms Contact: