Professional Liability – Legal Aid Services
Legal Aid & Public Defenders Professional Liability Insurance Program
Work with the Expert Professionals for Legal Aid and Public Defenders Professional Liability
For more than 50 years, Jamison Insurance Group has worked to provide lawyers like you with one of the broadest, most reliable Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) coverages available. Discover why so many of your peers trust Jamison Insurance Group.
Many liability risks stem from simple oversight, not deliberate misconduct. That's why we continually add to and enhance our risk control tools and services. From online tool kits to seminars, we help you assess and manage your potential risks and liabilities.
The Legal Aid Insurance Program offers: a wide range of coverages which have been created to address the unique needs of public defenders, legal aid societies, pro bono programs, law school clinics, public interest groups, and others who work to make sure that quality legal services are available for the poor and underprivileged. *Coverage Highlights include the following:
- Broad definition of "Insured" includes "any person who was, is or hereafter during the policy period becomes a lawyer, employee, member, or volunteer of the Named Insured while rendering Professional Services for or on behalf of clients of the Named Insured."
- Broad definition of "Professional Services" extends coverage to include "professional services adjunct to said legal services" thereby reflecting an understanding of and an appreciation for the diversity of services provided by policyholders.
- The full amount of the professional liability limit is extended to personal injury claims in the rendering of professional services.
- Retroactive dates (if any), which appear on a prior policy, are matched.
- The policy wording contains the insurer's commitment to respect the preference of the policyholder in the selection of defense counsel. To date, policyholders' preference has been accommodated each time a preference has been expressed.
- The policy provides coverage for damages and claims expenses ... caused "by any Act of the Insured, or any other person for whose Acts the Insured is legally responsible, and arising out of the rendering of or failure to render Professional Services by or on behalf of the Insured for clients of the Named Insured."
- Available Optional Endorsements: Criminal Defense Endorsement, Employment Practices Coverage Endorsement, Management Liability Errors & Omissions Endorsement, Outside Practice of Law Endorsement, Primary Pro Bono Endorsement, Injunctive Relief Defense and Punitive Damages Endorsement.
*Some coverages may not be available to all firms or in all states. See policy for specific details
Find out more—call 1.800.JAMISON to speak with an LPL Specialist today!
National Program Administrator: Herbert L. Jamison & Co., LLC